- The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) is a reliable source of useful information regarding the situation in Ontario. The MOHLTC provides information and updates for healthcare professionals on their website: health.gov.on.ca/index.html;
- Health care professionals can refer to the Interim National Surveillance Guidelines for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), to aid with the detection and reporting of COVID-19 in Canada.
- The Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO) has developed an ‘Information for Members on Coronavirus (COVID-19)’ one-pager, accessible here;
- COVID-19 CDC Guidance provides guidelines for regular eye exams;
- Facebook launched a tool that will notify users if they have come across any COVID-19 misinformation, in a bid to prevent the spread of false information;
- Apple launched a website and a new app dedicated to COVID-19 screening. The resources offer an online screening tool, information about the disease, and some guidance on when to seek testing or emergency care; and,
- Shopify launched a new initiative that challenges teams within its partner network to build apps to help businesses adapt and grow online during the COVID-19 crisis.
- The Canadian Association of Optometrists https://opto.ca/
- Alberta https://www.optometrists.ab.ca/
- British Columbia https://bc.doctorsofoptometry.ca/ OR http://optometrybc.com/
- Manitoba https://www.mb-opto.ca/
- New Brunswick https://nbao.ca/
- Newfoundland & Labrador https://nlao.org/
- Nova Scotia https://www.nsoptometrists.ca/index.html OR https://nsco.ca/
- Ontario https://www.optom.on.ca/ OR https://www.collegeoptom.on.ca/
- Prince Edward Island https://peioptometrists.ca/ OR https://www.peico.ca/
- Quebec https://www.aoqnet.qc.ca/ OR https://www.ooq.org/fr
- Saskatchewan https://optometrists.sk.ca/
Thank you to our partners
The Council for Healthy Eyes Canada (CHEC) very much appreciates ongoing leadership from our industry partners in helping to found the highly successful ThinkAboutYourEyes.ca (TAYE) integrated marketing, communications and data collection campaign. We also would like to thank Canadian eye care professionals such as Optometrists at this very challenging time.
The information provided here is for general informational purposes only. The contents of this document are provided in good faith; however, we make no representation of warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information in this document. Under no circumstances shall CHEC be held legally liable